Pages

Subscribe:

Labels

Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Secret Of Perfect Colour In Your Photography





My Healthcare professional Personal My own, personal Search terms My own , personal|Medical professional|Published|Health care provider|My business|All of my|Of my|Excellent|My own personal|Keyword phrases|A|Offered|Economical|Day-to-day|Web page} neighbour placed a 20 page photo album on the counter and opened the first page for me. Staring back at me was the first photo; her little boy against a plain white background in a studio. His sad eyes looked blankly at the camera. I flicked through a few more pages, hoping to see happier, better shot images.

"Are you pleased with them? " I said, trying to sound diplomatic, knowing full well she would not catch the subtlety.

"Very pleased, it was a bargain! " She said beaming, obviously pleased with the payment she made, utterly unaware of the enormous technical errors created by the photographer. Perhaps ignorance was really bliss after all.

"Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the package? "

"Three hundred and eighty five dollars" she said proudly.

I nearly choked on my tea.

Three hundred and eighty five dollars for 20 images that looked like they'd come straight out of a little compact camera with bad lighting and shot in automatic mode. It was a sad and disappointing experience for me as a professional photographer. Studios who took the images of her little boy are what continue to keep the public in the dark about what good photography looks like.

The entire collection had a painfully obvious green colour cast to it. This is easy to do when you have no idea what you're doing. It's very easy to avoid when you are skilled. It's unseen when you are a proud mother of a two year old boy. Who was I to say anything? I didn't want to make her feel bad about her outlay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment